INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou and LaPorte, Texas, it is a merchant marketer of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene with annual revenue of over $2 billion.
How the Role Fits In:
The SAP HANA application is the single-most critical component in our Financial and Supply Chain business processes. Unavailability of the SAP system can have a significant, direct, negative impact on business performance. The role is necessary to ensure employees in the company can remain productive and business processes that rely on SAP and related technology continue to function.Problem solving done by the individual requires determining "how to solve" unique problems and evaluating advantages and shortcomings of alternatives.
The expectation is for this person to work independently of direct supervision for assignments unless assistance is requested. Expected to lead projects and identify innovative ways of resolving issues.
The individual performs complex tasks that must be coordinated with tasks outside the work unit; The individual provides advice and counsel to IT management.
Purpose of Job
Provide direct support, development, and maintenance in 1-2 modules of the company's SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Resource Planning and related systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide functional and configuration expertise in support of SAP ERP and related applications suite in the relevant SAP S/4 Module.
• Tests and implements bug-fixes and enhancements (including new processes and changes to existing ones) requested by the business in SAP
• Establish relevant Super User networks within the business, while working closely with other Super User networks, as needed to ensure strong coordination of initiatives.
• Leverages the capability and knowledge of Super Users to recommend and develop value creating ERP and related applications solutions, as well as to assist change management.
• The individual determines the best means of defining and accomplishing broadly defined jobs.
• Actively supports developing and sharing of best practices within the broader organization.
• Generates new ideas and stimulates others for innovation.
• Has the additional responsibility of procedure and guideline development.
• The employee determines priorities and may deviate from established procedures as long as objectives are met. No direct monitoring of the job is needed.
• Works with the expert’s functional community and other process areas to investigate and resolve business process and data issues.
• Assists with IT user training development and delivery.
• Assists users with tools and support to allow them to effectively and accurately manage and retrieve their data.
• Networks with peers in other organizations supporting other ERP systems in a effort to gain knowledge and skills needed to improve the O&P ERP system.
• Works closely with and provides guidance and support to 3rd party support vendors
• Ensure reporting and Management information requirements are being met by the appropriate systems, through a process of user education and report development.
• Works with the Business Systems Manager to identify ways to minimize ERP and related applications support costs, while ensuring operational integrity.
• Develops and manages System Cycle and Integration testing programs.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in technical field or minimum 10 years experience with multiple SAP modules.
• Understands highly complex technical aspects of role and performs work without supervision. Frequently mentors junior staff in field of expertise
• General business process background, with solid understanding of multiple SAP modules
• Experience in working with, and/or supporting SAP and related applications systems with a good understanding of the configuration and technical aspects of the relevant SAP module.
• Experience with implementation of new SAP instances or major changes in functionality• Able to diagnose and solve complex, rare technical or process issues, and evaluate impact on business. Able to provide multiple, creative alternative solutions as required.
• Demonstrated problem solver, so is a primary resource to help improve performance.
• Able to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization between operations and executive management.
• Skilled at tailoring the communication to the audience in a clear, concise, manner.
• Generates support for process changes to improve business performance.
• Influence behavior and opinions. Understands the perspectives and agendas of others.
• Comfortable with all levels in the broader organization.• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
• Expected to have occasional interaction with mid-level management and counterparts in other businesses.
• Solves very complex problems using interpolative thought processes, an orderly approach to decision making, and recognizing similarities in past situations.
• Uses consensus and participation in decision making appropriately; sees connections and trends.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.