Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Company: INEOS Aromatics
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including: health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Job Title: Applications and Projects Manager
Location: This role can be located in any Aromatics site.
Define and deliver strategies, policies and processes to maintain and develop a business applications portfolio on behalf of Aromatics and Acetyls, thus enabling business strategies, in a timely and cost-effective manner, within the budget and resource constraints. To ensure that the IT Team support and deliver the business IT Strategy, Global Cyber Security Policies and adhere to Group IT guidelines.
The Applications Manager is responsible for the secure and silent running of a subset of the Global Aromatics non-SAP Applications and related integrations.
The role will work closely with the Global Business Applications Manager, SAP Manager and other Applications Manager(s) to deliver a cost efficient and reliable service to the business. The role will be responsible for the delivery of new application demand, projects, enhancements as well as the ongoing support, optimisation, and maintenance of the Applications assigned to them. Lead Application Analysts and Third-party resources to identify improvements and efficiencies as well as looking at ways to move activities from third party vendors and building in house capability.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To provide, manage, and enhance the non-SAP IT Applications portfolio for the Aromatics businesses across various INEOS site locations.
Service Delivery & IT Strategy
- Develop and deliver IT Applications Strategy for key business applications to achieve Aromatics business goals.
- Identify and implement opportunities to rationalize the application landscape and achieve sustainable cost reductions as well as ensuring we are getting the most value from the existing Application estate.
- Define and implement IT solutions to facilitate business process improvement.
- Manage a team of IT resources (both internal and external) to deliver the agreed level of Application support services in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage third party contracts & relationships with vendors and outsourced partners to meet agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Develop, motivate and appraise line-managed and project staff to ensure that skills, competencies and experiences match the current and future needs.
- Manage the IT budget to achieve business targets.
- Provide KPI metrics to ensure that service delivery meets the agreed Service Level Agreements
- To identify any key IT Application vulnerabilities to the Aromatics and Acetyls (as required) leadership teams and provide recommendations to support appropriate risk mitigation
- Ensure any new Demand management follows IT Processes and approvals
- Define, implement and manage a project management framework to ensure that project activities are delivered on time; within budget and meet the stated business requirements.
- Define, manage and deliver IT projects on time and on budget whilst ensuring an appropriate balance between external/internal skills and resources.
- Provide KPI metrics to provide an overview of project portfolio & detailed information for all high business priority projects
- The applications portfolio facilitates business process throughout all functions including manufacturing, procurement, sales, logistics, finance and management. Many of these systems are critical to daily operation of the business and require a high degree of availability
- The business is reliant on IT service availability and Applications Manager is responsible for managing any unplanned outages or system unavailability, reporting any significant prolonged IT issues to the Global Business Applications Manager, Head of IT and other key business stakeholders.
- Actively manage any unplanned IT Cyber Security breaches/issues.
- Supporting multiple sites, with separate systems, teams and time zones.
- Ability to operate at all levels of the organization.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 10 years IT Systems and applications service delivery and project management experience
- Formal IT Project Management Qualification(s) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of implementing service management processes
- Application Management experience for global applications with high availability requirements
- Experience of managing and leading global and remote teams
- Proven track record in managing third party service providers
- A broad understanding across a range of technologies and an understanding of the principles of application development, project management and service management.
- Robust knowledge of Business Processes and understanding of integration between applications.
- Solid understanding of Security and architecture principles
- Good knowledge of Chemicals/Manufacturing practices and processes.
- Troubleshooting and execution of tasks as required
- Technically current, with an up-to-date understanding of technology trends and directions across the industry.
Competencies / Behavioral Skills:
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Strong sense for methodology, structure and processes
- Ability to handle multiple and diverse issues and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Good numeric and analytical skills with a proven track record in cost management
- Quick to learn new technologies and solutions.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.