INEOS Business: Olefins and Polymers Europe (North)
Location : Brussels (Neder-over-Heembeek)
Reports to : Laboratory Support Manager
Job Context, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
INEOS is one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world with annual sales of $61bn. We have grown rapidly in the petrochemicals sector over the past 20 years. In many of the markets we operate in, we are number one in the world. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world, employing around 26,000 people.
The job of Analytical & Quality Technologist is part of the Technology organization within the Olefins and Polymers Europe Business Unit, located in Brussels. It ensures analytical, testing and quality support for the benefit of our Analytical, testing and processing Laboratories, catalysts, product development, product stewardship activities and Plants QC labs.
- Highly specialized technical / scientific support to the organization for comprehensive analytical advise, definition of analytical strategies and interpretation of programs results :
- To Lab technicians in the development and implementation of new analytical methods or equipment.
- To Product stewardship Team on IAS and NIAS analysis
- To Technical service / Product development teams for product characterization, customer complaints responses, international standard development, QC specification consistency .
- To Plant laboratories for corrective and preventive actions
- Identify, build contacts, manage trials with useful external analytical labs
- Quality Support to Brussels and plants QC Labs but also to Customers. It includes :
- Management of the Quality system for the Analytical, Testing and Processing Laboratories in Brussels, including procedures, control charts and logbooks review, internal audit and reporting.
- Leading role within laboratory team, in performance analysis, improvement and corrective actions for test methods of Analytical, Testing and Processing Laboratory
- Advise in consistency with international and national standards, for Laboratories and Technical Service (methods, technical data sheets, products certificates)
- Management of Inter-Laboratories Control and reference materials, to provide Technical service and plants survey of alignment of QC Labs on critical parameters
- Networking the analytical know-how of laboratories, to ensure valuable sharing of experience and mutual support for QC backup, equipment maintenance and upgrade.
- Gradually and according to needs, support to Technical Service and Product stewardship teams during quality and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) audits in plants, and at raw material suppliers.
Key Skills & Knowledge and Competencies Required
Education and Experience
University degree in chemistry : Master or PhD, Organic chemistry, Analytical Science or equivalent
An Experience as a quality auditor in a related industry is a plus but is not a pre-requisite.
- Good knowledge in organic chemistry : polymers structure, composition, additives, degradation products, knowing that a polyolefin focused training program with our internal experts is planned for any new employee.
- Experience with working familiarity with a number of analytical and testing techniques related to the above mentioned products.
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9001 / ISO 17025), ISO Standards, procedure manuals and statistical analysis.
- Understand regulatory concerns and requirements and how they impact product stewardship and product development activities.
- Team player, must be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization. Must be able to work independently and as part of a diverse team of auditors.
- High autonomy, pro-activity, able to take “ad hoc” decision
- Good ownership of problems and results oriented (finding solutions)
- Proven organizational skills, with the ability to focus on deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking ability to take advantage of shared knowledge within the group
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- English and French : fluent
- Dutch is a plus
Apply by sending your ‘Expression of interest letter’ to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application