INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Grade 34-35 commensurate with experience
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of Olefins and Polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Individual Contributor – Rail Equipment and Maintenance Coordinator
- Coordinates maintenance process for rail fleet, including major service issues, bad order management, and compliance with all government regulations.
- Leads efforts to compile, analyze and optimize rail equipment data and metrics.
- Builds and uses data visibility tools and advanced statistical analytics to coordinate reliability and equipment repair management planning. Able to utilize Tableau visualization software to develop Supply Chain dashboards for operational execution and monitoring.
- Provides leadership to identify and implement significant improvements in the way Supply Chain operates and internal and external customer expectations are met.
- Ensures front, mid, and back office data is maintained to insure that standardized and efficient processes are supported.
- Develops and maintains rail car mechanical equipment specifications and data for INEOS rail car fleet.
- Manages rail fleet sizing against current and forecast rail car lease portfolio positions and business requirements.
- Manages rail fleet management with third party leasing companies and financial institutions.
- Manages claims against rail roads for damage and product loss.
- Maintains rail equipment database and related filings with regulatory bodies and industry associations.
- Manages the efficient execution of safety and operational audits of rail car repair facilities to include SHEQ monitoring and coordination, customer complaint investigation and resolution, asset inspections against quality requirements and Supply Chain Operations procedures.
- Performance management against contract positions and agreed operating metrics
- Requires the ability to schedule and set priorities with Supply Chain Operations, service providers and related teams which balances total cost and operations performance with the benefits to Supply Chain Operations and the BusinessTeams.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
Safety, Health. Environmental and Quality (SHEQ)
- Promote, ensure and sustain commitment to manage supply chain operations with no harm to people, property and the environment by
- Demonstrates SHEQ and Operations Leadership.
- Support and lead logistics operations SHEQ activities, meetings, and inspections to ensure compliance with Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of Management of Change (MOC) and Safety action items.
- Supports the quality management process and provides and participates in the day-to-day activities of Supply Chain to ensure operations meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
- Facilitate/prioritize the cost objectives of the rail fleet to meet the performance goals for Supply Chain Operations and the Businesses.
- Monitor and facilitate performance management of Supply Chain service providers on variable cost and operating metrics.
- Interface with Finance and Control to insure compliance with DOA and overall AP objectives for the Businesses.
- Actively share lessons in operations performance and best operating practices across the Supply Chain organization to include other functional areas, site logistics, and external repair shops.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the areas of Safety, Reliability, and Productivity and Cost Reduction.
- Serve on function/business teams as needed representing area of responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and company focus for external service providers and suppliers as assigned.
- Supports Supply Chain Management in managing financial forecast, prioritization and allocation of resources to meet cost objective vs budget.
Teamwork with appropriate INEOS and provider personnel:
- Logistics Operations personnel
- Rail 3PLs
Data and Optimization Responsibilities
- Supports Supply Chain Management regarding optimization and improvement activities through data visualization tools and advanced analytics.
Skills & Knowledge Required
BA/BS or equivalent in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred. Will consider other business/engineering or related degrees. One to Five years of experience in supply chain operations is advantageous, including a working knowledge of transportation systems, SAP, Order to Cash processes.
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strongly developed Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, formatting and complex formulas to generate advanced analytics and decision support.
- Tableau skills are preferred
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people successfully through influence.
- Negotiating skills against established performance metrics.
- Able to compile, optimize and analyze data effectively. Leading to substantive recommendations for improvement.
- Experience in driving performance and accountability.
- Operations knowledge and ability to learn and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage, progress and deliver multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to effect change by challenging the status quo and championing improvement initiatives. Has an improvement and inquisitive mindset.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHEQ compliance and advancement.
- Ability to positively influence others/promote philosophy.
- Defines personal success in terms of the whole team.
- Makes timely and effective decisions, includes use of good judgment and consideration of proper balance between benefits/risks.
- Creates strong morale and spirit, feeling of belonging in team, broadly shares both routine and important tasks.
- Have a strong work ethic. Willing to go the extra mile as needed, including afterhours effort as needed to meet key deadlines.
ADA physical requirements, VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The duties of this job requires the employee to remain at a desk (sitting or standing desk) and perform tasks requiring repetitive fine manipulation of hands and fingers. The employee must occasionally walk and stand. Exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to reach for, grasp, and move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Must be able to travel a minimum amount (primary work location is in League City, TX);
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application