The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
INEOS Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business, with a focus on Manufacturing Petrochemicals as well as Research & Technology. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic Anhydride.
The INEOS Acetyls UK site at Hull is top tier COMAH registered, and the job holder has a key role in ensuring the plant is operated safely to meet the company’s and the regulator’s expectations with safety performance and operational integrity.
Competency assurance of the manufacturing personnel is critical to ensure that the Hull assets can be operated safely and reliably. Reliable and efficient plant operation are key measures of asset performance that need to be achieved to ensure business requirements are met.
This role is a part of the Asset Support Team team in Hull, providing services, expertise, assurance and support to the asset and Research teams in order to deliver safe, compliant, reliable operations over the short, medium and long term.
Cross-discipline technical awareness and an ability to lead and manage skilled maintenance schedulers, supervisors and technicians is essential. Finding ways to optimise maintenance carried out through shared service model working with third-party service providers is paramount.
The Analyser Lead technician is responsible for delivering safe and efficient maintenance activities to the agreed schedule and cost. This will include assigning daily activities to the Ineos team and providing technical support for queries raised.
The Analyser Lead technician works as part of the shared services and is responsible for maintenance activities across multiple assets.
- Ownership of asset condition and maintenance performance of the asset is critical to the success of this role.
- Good working relationship will need to be formed with the Asset teams and with the current term contractor for supporting trades.
- Lead and set example on SHE responsibilities through the line.
- Work to the maintenance schedule, and assist the schedulers with understanding the impact of break-in work when this emerges.
- Ensure look ahead work is planned, permit requested and in place, and materials available. Work with the maintenance planner, who will submit permit requests for the more complex multi-trade/multiple operation activities.
- Assign tasks to their Technicians based on skill levels and development requirements, ensuring work can be completed, to the required quality and within the expected time. This covers the full range of investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and the installation of new equipment.
- Identify work which can be grouped and executed in parallel to optimise the schedule efficiency of the maintenance activities.
- Report on progress achievement against the maintenance schedule.
- Ensure the workface is ready prior to putting the men to work. Liaise with schedulers and contract supervision to ensure the work activities are passed between trades at the right time and in the correct order.
- Ensure variations issued by contractors have a clear justification and audit trail, and are clearly recorded signed and dated accordingly.
- Seek technical or safety related guidance through the line whenever necessary, and stop the job if unsafe or unsure.
- Assist in the punch-out and Ineos acceptance of work performed by other Ineos staff or contractors.
- Permit signatory for maintenance tasks.
- Assist maintenance planners in the identification, specification and purchase
- Requisition of spares necessary to carry out the job.
- Carry out work place safety and condition audits as required.
- Facilitate the work of contractors and specialist technicians working on the site.
- Technical Skills
- Technical capabilty within discipline.
- Proven manufacturing/maintenance experience; with experience in
- R&M/Projects/TAR roles within the Petrochemical or Refining industries.
- Good communication skills.
- Performance bias.
- A desire for knowledge management and capturing lessons learned for future improvements.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment.
- Good motivator and able to see improvement opportunities within their teams and more broadly.
- Monthly maintenance KPI’s