INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Administrative Assistant, PSO
Chocolate Bayou Works – Alvin, TX
June 16, 2021
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and skilled Administrative Assistant for the Stratton Ridge, Pipelines & Hobbs Operations.
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to departmental staff, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data entry; preparing data and compiling reports; and performing other miscellaneous clerical, light accounting and administrative functions. This position reports to the Manager of Operations.
Maintain pipeline database systems to report, track and document various organization activities/initiatives/processes. Responsible for records management and archival in system.
Maintain a filing system for pipeline operations documentation. Assist in document control, both
electronically and hard copy. Ability to manage files for linking to web pages and other documents.
Assist in preparing reports, bulletins, and alerts, including, but not limited to: time reports,
expense reports, Traction, VTA, etc.
Perform word processing of letters, memos, reports, agreements, contracts, exhibits and general business correspondence. Store, retrieve, and integrate information for dissemination to staff and customers.
Prepare presentation materials, including charts, graphs and slides. Assist in preparation of spread-sheets for various activities and reports.
Perform general office duties such as making service entries, ordering supplies and performing basic bookkeeping work. Schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, schedule meetings, coordinate time and attendance for staff. Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
Perform other duties, as assigned
Level of Education, Experience, in general
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience as an administrative assistant or in similar position.
Most Important Skills & Competencies
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with some knowledge in MS Access; Previous experience with SAP is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on more complex tasks
- Good problem solving skills.
- Dependable and Self-Starter. Takes responsibility for completing tasks with minimal supervision. Can be counted on to work multiple tasks simultaneously and manage one's own time.
- Detail Oriented. Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines. Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and customer focus: Demonstrates professional courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with peers and others in everyday interactions.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.