INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
Organizational context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
The Administrative Assistant will have responsibilities for operations management support, office management, procurement/accounts payable support, SHE support, and managing the site document control process. The position may also be responsible for special projects such as organizing meetings, hosting customers, and office improvements.
The position has extensive interaction with the Site Leadership Team, and the Oligomers manufacturing, procurement, SHE, and finance teams.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Administrative Assistant’s roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operations and engineering management support including:
- Promote and maintain the company’s core values within the 20 Principles Safety Program
- Attending monthly administration safety meetings and other site functions.
- Provide clerical support to site management/technical group
- Arrange and organize conference rooms for plant meetings
- Entry of production data into SAP
- Participate in the month end closing cycle
- Preparing presentations for management
- Procurement support including:
- Preparing requisitions
- Receiving material
- Facilitating the vendor set-up process at the site.
- SHE support including:
- Maintaining site filing system for regulatory compliance.
- Inputting environmental data into the State of Texas reporting website (STEERS)
- Accounts Payable support including:
- Performing service entries for invoice payment
- Recording information on the site invoices workflow
- Facilitating the vetting of invoices by responsible personnel at the site.
- Document Control support including:
- Managing the site document control process
- Organizing files to support ISO compliance and the site record retention procedure
- Participating in internal and external audits
- Various projects that may arise.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of education & experience in general:
- High school or equivalent.
- Five or more years of experience in an administrative role
- Strong familiarity with Excel required.
- SAP working knowledge required. Ideal backgrounds include: production planning, procurement, and logistics.
- Proficient in use of MS Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong working knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in use of calendar management software
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills; flexible, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization with ease.
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus. Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Work Environment: This job is performed mainly in a temperature controlled office environment.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.