Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
FIXED TERM POSITION UNTIL 31/05/23
This position exists within the INOVYN UK accounts payable team which processes invoices for all INOVYN UK Legal Entities. The post holder is responsible for auctioning all requests for payment so that they are accurate, valid and ready for funds transfer on the required due date.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To process raw materials, goods & services and logistics invoices, ensuring that they paid efficiently and in accordance with agreed payment terms and VAT regulations.
- Ensure that there is adequate supporting paperwork, authorisation has been obtained and goods/services have been receipted.
- To minimise overdue supplier balances with a key focus on ensuring discrepancies are resolved quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining good relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- To maintain accurate creditor accounts and review all supplier credit notes on a regular basis.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Manager in reviewing and improving policies for both suppliers and the Business
Key skills and knowledge required
- AAT preferred
- Educated to A’Level desired, however good standard of secondary education GCSE Grade 5 or above (equivalent to GCSE C Grades)
- Two to three years’ experience in a supplier (or customer) facing role desirable
- Good level of IT literacy, numeracy and a good knowledge of SAP R3
- The job holder needs to be tenacious and thorough to ensure that invoices are properly authorised and processed in accordance with supplier terms and Company policies and procedures.
- The job holder needs to have a methodical approach, with good problem solving ability
- The job holder needs to be highly organised and be focused on the accuracy of the work produced, whilst being able to multi task and prioritise, to manage multiple accounts
- The job holder needs strong interpersonal and persuasive skills to be able to communicate across different cultures with suppliers and internally at differing levels within the Company.
Needs to show reliance to change, and drive a positive environment for the team they work in
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies