Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 15 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 65 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world. INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Its businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, and medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
The INEOS manufacturing complex consists of three world-class manufacturing plants; ethanolamines, polyglycol and glycol ethers. Collectively, all three plants produce over 500 million pounds per year with sales revenue in excess of $250 million per year. Two of these plants, the polyglycol and glycol ethers plant, are contract manufactured for The Dow Chemical Company.
A staff of sixty INEOS employees and forty contractors operates the manufacturing plants continuously. With the exception of supplying raw materials, utilities and some technical support, all activities are handled by the staff at the Plaquemine plant. These activities include reaction, distillation/finishing, process control, packaging, loading, quality control/quality assurance, maintenance, safety, environmental, and supply chain activities.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Accounting Analyst is to handle and act as lead for all aspects of the Accounts Payable workflow in the department. As an entry-level accountant, the incumbent is responsible for handling and supporting the department with daily accounting activities, ensuring accuracy in the Accounts Payable lead role, with a keen eye for detail.
Furthermore, the incumbent works in unison with the Accounting Lead and fellow team members. Excellent planning and organizational skills along with efficiently completion of tasks is necessary for this position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work under the direction of Cost Accountant
- Act as Accounts Payable Lead
- Work with Accounting Team to enhance new Accounts Payable EInvoicing programme in SAP
- Work with vendors and internal customers to resolve accounts payable anomalies
- Run weekly AP Aging Reports and analyse for past due payments, issues, etc.
- Analysis of data sets for relevant patterns and financial indicators
- Maintain accounting records as assigned on a daily basis.
- Act as main contact for SAP issues with PO, FO, etc.
- Accurately perform data entry tasks
- Compile reports to be used by Accounting Lead
- Perform internal audits of accounts payable records, freight, sales taxes and any other areas assigned by Accounting Lead
- Assist Accounting Lead and other colleagues with Month End Close and Year end close for Oxide and INOVYN Americas
- Assist Accounting Lead with information submitted to Tax Group in Marina View – monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assist Accounting Lead with administrative duties as may be requested
- Assist Accounting Lead with Capital Expenditures as needed
- Assist Accounting Lead in planning accounting cash fixed cost budget
- Undertake any projects assigned by Accounting Lead
- Backup responsibilities for team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Equivalent relevant experience (10+ years) in lieu of degree is a consideration
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft EXCEL
- SAP experience preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency of finance and accounting principles
- Detail oriented
- Accuracy with data input
- Organized planner with initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills with data analysis ability
- Ability to work with a team and relate well to other colleagues
- Outgoing and Assertive
- Focused and self-motivated
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Possible Conditions to be Subjected to:
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as typical office or administrative work).
Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.