INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Olefins and Polymers (O&P) USA is a part of the INEOS group of companies. INEOS Group Limited is one of the world’s largest chemicals company with ~$60 billion of sales per annum, 16,000 employees and 68+ sites worldwide.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits in:
The Accounts Payable Analyst will assist the Accounts Payable Team Leader in reporting of key metrics to management, to ensure that the AP team is on track to meet monthly and year end goals. The Accounts Payable Analyst will also take on leadership roles during the absence of the Accounts Payable Team Lead and/or Manager of Accounts Payable. The position processes payments for Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA in the Marina View Office location in League City, Texas.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for analysis, reporting, and special projects for the Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Analyst will process payments, via the SAP System, for goods and services, Travel and Entertainment re-imbursements, and for all user maintenance of the Payables systems.This includes all aspects of the payable process including invoice processing, Scanning, Cross Training, Submitting vendor requests as needed, Indexing, Account Coding, Reporting, Invoice Filing, Issue Resolution and responding to inquiries from vendors and internal customers.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
The Accounts Payable Analyst is part of the Accounts Payable Team. Team members report to a Manager of Accounts Payable or team lead and work with outside vendors and employees. The Accounts Payable Team has complete control over the processing of transactions totaling approximately $5 Billion per year. This consists of approximately 60,000 invoices per year. Each team member must be proficient in all aspects of the SAP payables process. This includes assistance with daily operations, problem resolution, adhering to established internal controls, reconciliations, special projects, and decision making that can impact the company’s cash flow. The Accounts Payable Analyst is not only empowered, but is expected, to effect change through improvements to processes and procedures that help steer the company towards operational excellence, while providing the highest level of service with the resources that have been allocated to the process. The Accounts Payable Analyst must display an ability to provide support to team members, and lead the team to success in department objectives.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of Education & Experience -
Previous accounting and purchasing experience as well as a degree in accounting or finance.
Skills and Competencies
- The Accounts Payable Analyst must be knowledgeable of computers and be able to develop and maintain good relationships/trust with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to manage conflicts between suppliers, internal customers, and/or other team members is essential.
- The position requires a high degree of organizational skills, procedural discipline and follow-through. The Accounts Payable Analyst must use good judgment in making decisions and ask for the intervention of a direct supervisor when appropriate.
- The payables process requires that the Accounts Payable Analyst be thoroughly knowledgeable of the SAP Accounts Payable System and Kofax. The SAP knowledge must go beyond the mechanics of the process.
- Accounts Payable Analyst must fully understand the very complex and dynamic nature of SAP and Kofax in order to process transactions for Olefins & Polymers, USA.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.