Accounting and Reporting Team Lead
We are currently expanding the Finance team located at the INEOS production facility in Geel, Belgium, recruiting 5-6 new members. The aim is to build a fully self-sufficient finance team on site to insource financial services currently offered by a shared services provider. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in finance in a large organization.
The Accounting and Reporting Team Lead will report directly to the Aromatics Finance Controller (Europe) and will lead this team in managing all aspects of day-to-day and month, quarter and year-end finance activities across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Bank, Treasury, Credit, Tax, General Accounting and Financial Reporting. Whilst the majority of activity takes place in Europe, the Accounting and Reporting Team Lead and his/her team will network with their colleagues in Asia and the USA to coordinate month end processing, intercompany transactions and master data management.
This role will play a key part in the project of taking over accounting and reporting activities from the shared services provider and establishing these activities within Geel Finance team organization.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for finance processes and controls being in place and working effectively across all systems for the Aromatics Europe business
- Carry out quarter end and month end closing processes in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform other (non-close related) reporting activities
- Produce statutory reporting, direct tax calculations and filing
- Coordinate and review balance sheet reconciliation activity
- Support intercompany processes
- Support Global Credit processes
- Lead on the audits and to be a key interface with the external audit teams
- Resolve issues and queries according to the group reporting manuals and/or working closely with relevant stakeholders to develop new requirements/working practices
- Provide relevant support and interface with internal partners and stakeholders as required to resolve escalations and queries
- Lead the team, review the operational performance of the team on a regular basis
- Provide opportunities for learning and self-development to build capability of the team and ensure competency in performing activities
- Identify inefficiencies and help to embed a continuous improvement culture in the organisation
We have the following requirements:
- Minimum 10 years finance accounting experience
- A qualified accountant with 3-5 years post-qualification experience
- Strong knowledge of Belgium statutory and tax reporting requirements
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- People leadership experience is an advantage
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships on multiple levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organisation skills, able to prioritise and handle urgent issues and escalations
About the company:
INEOS Aromatics Europe is a part of the Global INEOS Aromatics business with 5 manufacturing sites located in China, Indonesia, US, and Belgium.
We manufacture and market Paraxylene (PX) and Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA), which are used by our customers to make essential consumer products such as food packaging, textiles and building materials.
We continue developing new technologies to advance low carbon future. Our PTAIR® technology enables PTA production at about 30% lower carbon footprint than the average European PTA production. We are also piloting a new chemical recycling technology which will enable currently unrecyclable PET plastic waste to be diverted from landfill or incineration and instead transformed back into new, virgin-quality feedstocks.
We are a part of a global petrochemicals’ manufacturer INEOS, which operates 194 sites across 29 countries, generates $61 billion annually and employs over 26,000 people. INEOS products are used in a wide range of end-market applications.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application