Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
The INEOS Oligomers division includes a wide range of products ranging from LAO, PAO and PIB to Specialty Oligomers, iso-paraffines, cyclopentane and isoamylene which are made in Europe and in the Americas and sold worldwide.
The Account Manager PIB/PAO/SO/LAO is predominantly involved in the commercialization of these products and has overall product sales responsibility in the Americas region. The Account Manager is a member of the Americas sales team and reports to the Americas Sales Manager.
This position will be based in the Midwest – preferably IL, IN, OH or MI.
Purpose of the job:
The job holder is responsible for account and sales management of INEOS Oligomers products, applying volume/price guidelines given by market managers and developing new customers in the relevant geographical sector.
- Tactics and directions set by sales manager & market managers
- Contracting strategy
- Plant reliability (including CSC) and product quality
- Supply chain effectiveness
- Changing market conditions
- Customers buying behaviors
- Aggressiveness of competitors
- Availability of feedstock for our plants
- Market trends & inter-material competition
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Relationship management with customers (Procurement, Technical, Sales & Marketing, R&D, Logistics, Finance…); Internal networking with Customer Account Specialists, other Account Managers, Technical Service, Market Managers, Credit, Legal….
- Pricing implementation in line with Market Managers pricing guidelines and guidance from Americas Sales Manager
- Manage our distribution network for North America. Includes measuring and managing a supplier-distributor relationship to optimize distributor’s performance, administering and managing distributor contracts, coordinating and scheduling distributor training, etc.
- Monitoring of key metrics to measure success and refine processes based on analysis: i.e. volume, contribution margin, payment punctuality, forecasting, service infringement,…
- Implementation of contracting strategy as defined by Market Managers and Americas Sales Manager and monitoring of contract obligations.
- Providing monthly demand forecasts & market analysis including trends at our customers’ customers.
- Develop opportunities with new and existing customers to secure new business to load new plant capacities. This will include prospecting for new customers and new markets / outlets for products, by taking active steps in prospecting and finding new customers and actively participating in market development initiatives. Maintain relationships with non-active customers and develop channels to market within territory.
- Customer offer development using marketing excellence tools like account planning, segmentation analysis, etc.
- Follow up of customer service quality from order placement to product delivery, including coordination with CAS, logistics and CTS to handle and resolve any problems and drive continuous improvement of service to customer. Use customer satisfaction surveys to help gather customer feedback and drive this process. Address and resolve all customer complaints with customer in a timely manner.
- Sharing of customer/market/competitive information through call reports and other forms of communication
- Observance of SHE rules and compliance with INEOS policies
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or similar
- 5 plus years’ experience in sales, market management, or other applicable commercial experience required.
- Industry, product knowledge, and organizational awareness
- Relevant sales, marketing, product management experience
- Contract development and execution
- Successful negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- IT and numeracy skills essential
- Appreciation of technical & product stewardship issues
- Excellent relationship skills: builds relationships easily (with internal and external customers) and has a great sense of interpersonal understanding
- Strong Business acumen and performance bias, able to work under pressure with competing demands and multiple priorities
- Self-starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to build partnerships in the workplace, marketplace, and distributor engagement.
- Flexible in approach and sensitive to working with multi-cultural environment
- Good team player, able to gather other team members to answer specific requests
- Must be willing to travel frequently
- Committed to working safely
Must provide COVID-19 vaccination.
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions other than required exposure getting to and from work.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.