INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
(Will consider developmental candidates at lower than grade 35)
Mid-West based near a major airport. Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis or similar are acceptable.
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses, each with a major chemical company heritage, spanning 194 sites facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) has one polypropylene unit and seven high density polyethylene units.
How the Role Fits in:
The Account Manager is the single point of accountability for the customer relationship and strives to meet or exceed established objectives for assigned customers/territory in the areas of:
- Sales Volume
- New accounts
- Working-Capital metrics
- Utilization of information systems
- Managing expenses
The Main Purpose of the Role:
- Act as the voice of the customer to the organization, and also the voice of the organization to the customer.
- Grow profitable sales in assigned territory/accounts.
- Primary role to negotiate contracts/sales agreements with existing and prospective customers, utilizing sales-management resources
- Single point of accountability for the customer interface.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Maintain existing sales and identify new opportunities
- Gain knowledge of customer’s business
- Develop key purchasing contacts
- Identifying customer expectations and matching them to INEOS’s capabilities
- Utilize internal information systems to develop an offer for the customer.
- Successfully negotiate sales agreements, utilizing sales-management resources
- Sales territory may include accounts in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Missouri.
- Territory requires 50-60% overnight travel
Meet established annual objectives to deliver volumes and margins for their assigned territory
- Ability to effectively utilize INEOS’s forecasting tools
- Negotiate pricing at market-based accounts
- Develop realistic forecasts
- Develop clear understanding of customers’ markets that could affect forecast/delivery of plan
- Monitor results and develop options for management consideration of corrective action
- Identify market conditions and competitive activity affecting plan delivery.
Develop/maintain strong customer relationships, and increase customer loyalty and customer satisfaction
- Build trust with key customer contacts; become a source of industry information to the customer
- Listen to customer needs/concerns and recommend timely solutions
- Be proactive, not reactive, to market conditions, but don’t over commit
- Communication, communication, communication
- Ensure INEOS is “easy to do business with”
- Utilize INEOS’s resources, appropriately, to continuously create value in the customer relationship
Ensure customers’ responsibilities of relationship are met
- Accurate and timely input of forecasts/order placement
- Payment of invoices within established terms
- Increased utilization of rail fleet, by ensuring timely release of railcars from customers’ facilities.
Participation in broader O&P initiatives
- Sustainability & circular economy initiatives
- Safety projects and training
- Skill & expertise development in software system use
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry and/or product knowledge required. Organizational awareness preferred.
- Basic product-property knowledge preferred
- Willingness to listen and learn; listen and develop solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Good communicator; strong relationship building
- Computer competent, working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Safety orientation
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.