The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
INEOS Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business, with a focus on Manufacturing Petrochemicals as well as Research & Technology. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic Anhydride.
The INEOS Acetyls UK site at Hull is top tier COMAH registered, and the job holder has a key role in ensuring the plant is operated safely to meet the company’s and the regulator’s expectations with safety performance and operational integrity.
Competency assurance of the manufacturing personnel is critical to ensure that the Hull assets can be operated safely and reliably.
Reliable and efficient plant operation are key measures of asset performance that need to be achieved to ensure business requirements are met.
The post holder will provide a day-based engineering support service to the Acetyls assets at the INEOS Hull site. They will be required to work with minimal supervision as part of a team of operations, instrument, electrical and mechanical personnel and have the ability to maximise the reliability and availability of the INEOS assets and ensure SHE targets are met. This requires the application of practical and organisational skills to resolve maintenance issues.
The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for delivering safe and efficient mechanical maintenance activities to the agreed schedule and cost. This will include direct line management of an INEOS technician team whilst also working closely with the 3rd party term contractors.
- The Mechanical Supervisor works as part of the Asset team and is responsible for maintenance activities on that asset, occasionally they may also be asked to work on other assets as directed by their line manager.
- Good working relationship will need to be formed with the support services team and with the current term contractor for supporting trades.
- Ownership of asset condition and maintenance performance of the asset is critical to the success of this role.
Uphold the “INEOS 20 BEHAVIOURAL & PROCESS SAFETY PRINCIPLES” & “Life Saving Rules” in all activities undertaken, including managing integrity.
- Work to the maintenance schedule, and assist the schedulers with understanding the impact of break-in work when this emerges.
- Ensure look ahead work is planned, permit requested and in place, and materials available. Work with the maintenance planner, who will submit permit requests for the more complex multi-trade/multiple operation activities.
- Assign tasks to their Technicians based on skill levels and development requirements, ensuring work can be completed, to the required quality and within the expected time. This covers the full range of investigation/troubleshooting, planned repair scopes, preventative and predictive maintenance, and the installation of new equipment.
- Identify work which can be grouped and executed in parallel to optimise the schedule and efficiency of the maintenance activities
- Report on progress achievement against the maintenance schedule.
- Ensure the workface is ready prior to putting the technicians to work. Liaise with schedulers and contract supervision to ensure the work activities are passed between trades at the right time and in the correct order.
- Monitor work requests being submitted to the maintenance services provider and consider priority of work and its impact on maintenance costs.
- Ensure engineering and maintenance activities in the field are carried out in an efficient and effective and safe manner.
- Ensure variations issued by contractors have a clear justification and audit trail, and are clearly recorded signed and dated accordingly.
- Seek technical or safety related guidance through the line whenever necessary and stop the job if unsafe or unsure.
- Assist in the punch-out and INEOS acceptance of work performed by other INEOS staff or contractors.
- Permit acceptor for maintenance tasks.
- Assist maintenance planners in the identification, specification and purchase requisition of spares necessary to carry out the job.
- Carry out workplace safety and condition audits as required.
- Facilitate the work of contractors and specialist technicians working on the site.
- Line management of individual technicians, including assessment, performance management and development.
- Ensure call out cover and response to meet all out of hours maintenance requirements.
- Assist in developing and give input into the TAR/Shutdown Scope of work.
- Coordinate and control TAR/Shutdown work assigned by the TAR/Shutdown manager
- Technical capability within discipline.
- Proven manufacturing/maintenance experience; with experience in R&M/Projects/TAR roles within the Petrochemical or Refining industries.
- Line management experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Performance bias.
- A desire for knowledge management and capturing lessons learned for future improvements
- Ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment.
- Good motivator and able to see improvement opportunities within their teams and more broadly
To apply for this role please submit a cover letter and current CV.