The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
INEOS Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business, with a focus on Manufacturing Petrochemicals as well as Research & Technology. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic Anhydride.
The INEOS Acetyls UK site at Hull is top tier COMAH registered, and the job holder has a key role in ensuring the plant is operated safely to meet the company’s and the regulator’s expectations with safety performance and operational integrity.
Competency assurance of the manufacturing personnel is critical to ensure that the Hull assets can be operated safely and reliably.
Reliable and efficient plant operation are key measures of asset performance that need to be achieved to ensure business requirements are met.
To prioritise maintenance work that is required for the A5 Syngas and A5 Acetyls assets. Working with the operating shift teams and maintenance teams to ensure readiness for the work as per the agreed schedule. Ensures the Maintenance Supervisors, Planners and Schedulers have a common understanding on priorities and criticality.
- Uphold the “INEOS 20 BEHAVIOURAL & PROCESS SAFETY PRINCIPLES” & “Life Saving Rules” in all activities undertaken.
- Conduct daily screening of maintenance notifications. Troubleshoot issues with the shift operating teams (assisted by the maintenance planners) and agree next steps.
- Agree priority of maintenance orders with the maintenance planners. Communicate with the appropriate maintenance planner or supervisor as plant priorities or conditions change.
- Participate in daily/weekly maintenance scheduling meeting. Ensure known reliability risks are being pro-actively scheduled. Communicate any operational constraints/needs. Communicate repair plans and schedule with the shift supervision.
- Coordinate with the SHE/Permit Coordinator and shift team to ensure control of work is in place and equipment is isolated and prepared as per the maintenance schedule.
- As a permit signatory, provide control of work coaching / guidance to the shift teams. Support during periods of high activity or resource shortages (e.g. turnarounds, holidays). Approve permitting (as an AL1 approver) as required.
- Asset SAP representative – provide guidance and coaching to asset and shift team users.
- Ensure accurate leak repair plans are in place and executed within agreed timescales.
- Jointly responsible for fixed cost control of direct maintenance expenditure.
- Recommend and support improvements to plant maintenance processes.
- Support the shift team with planned and unplanned outages / significant plant issues.
- Responsible for if-down-do (IDD) worklist and readiness to execute.
- Participate in turnaround planning and execution. Define scope as turnaround or on the run.
- Responsible for driving improvement in aspects of AsCare Element 2 (Civils) and Element 3 (Asset Condition) to achieve annual targets.
- Conduct operational self-verification / audit activities e.g. control of work, procedures.
- Provide cover for the Operations Team Lead as required.
Level of Education & Experience:
- NVQ3 in process operations or an equivalent qualification
- 5-10 years experience in manufacturing operations (ideally petrochemical or refinery)
- Experience of COMAH top tier chemical plant operation and maintenance
- A-Type (Hot work / confined space) permit signatory
- Sound understanding of process operations and safe systems of work
- Proven plant / equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Models and promotes good teamwork.
- Sets high standards for others.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment.
- Results orientation and performance bias..
- Asset safety, reliability and overall production targets
- CAPEX and maintenance delivered safely to time and budget