2023 Graduate European Commercial Programme
Who is INEOS?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals comprising 36 businesses; each with a major chemical company heritage. INEOS’s production network spans throughout the world, 183 production sites across 31 countries, generating an annual turnover of around $65 billion.
After 20 years establishing itself as one of the world’s leading chemical companies, INEOS continues to grow. Through strategic acquisitions and revitalising otherwise unloved assets, the business has flourished in an ever-changing, increasingly competitive marketplace.
INEOS’ products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of our modern life.
INEOS is committed to achieving net zero emissions by 2050 not only through reducing the impact of our operations but by providing the products that support other industries and individuals to reduce their own impact on the climate.
The Graduate Opportunity
We are a unique, non-hierarchical organisation giving graduates direct access to senior management. Our open and direct approach to business will give you the opportunity to develop quickly, in a real job with real responsibilities from day one.
If you are interested in a business role, then our European Commercial Graduate Programme is for you. The programme is designed to give you a breadth of experience early in your career. Based throughout our UK and European sites (Germany, France, Belgium) you will typically rotate roles after 1 or 2 years – moving between countries, different INEOS businesses, and functions. Hence being geographically flexible is essential. We have roles available in sustainability, supply chain, procurement, business analysis to name but a few.
To be considered for the programme you will need:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree (or equivalent for non UK degrees) ideally in a numerate, technical, engineering or science related subject
- Commercial interest and aptitude
- The ability to work under pressure with confidence
- A drive for action, initiative and delivery - a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be flexible and mobile throughout the period of the programme
We will consider recent graduates with up to two years relevant work experience.
What we offer:
- Support from a senior management mentor
- Soft skill training
- Corporate events at Year 1, Year 3 and the Year 4 Namibia Challenge
- Work-life balance with fitness and health prioritised
- UK starting salary of £36,000 and a competitive equivalent in European locations
- Enhanced salary progression, attractive benefit and annual bonus
We can only consider documents uploaded in our online application system. We will be recruiting on a rolling basis so we advise getting your applications in early so you don't miss out.
If you want to find out more, check out our INEOS Graduate page (Graduates | INEOS Careers) where you can see what some of our current graduates have to say, or find out a bit more about the roles you could be starting in.