INEOS Acetyls is headquartered in London, UK and produces over 3 million tonnes of Acetyls products per annum from 8 manufacturing locations across the globe, generating an EBITDA of > $300 million. It has leading market positions in Europe, USA and Asia.
The multidiscipline Technology Support Team is based in Hull, UK, and provides INEOS Acetyls with technology development, asset optimisation and engineering design for growth projects, including the recently announced world scale acetic acid and derivatives plants on US Gulf coast.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Process Engineer Cativa® XL owns, develops, and deploys the process design for INEOS Acetyls’ proprietary and highly competitive low carbon acetic acid technology.
In this role you will coordinate the delivery of technology packages and technical assistance to growth projects worldwide and provide estimating capability. You will protect INEOS Acetyls intellectual property and ensure the preservation of design intent throughout the engineering and construction stages of major projects.
The position offers the opportunity to work as part of an expert team of talented engineers and chemists, to travel internationally, and to make a material contribution to the generation of new value for the INEOS Acetyls business.
- Lead Cativa process design and technical support to the Appraise/Select stage of major capital projects including both retrofit and new build opportunities to generate new value and licensing income for the business:
- Co-ordinate resources and project manage Cativa TDP and post-TDP technical assistance delivery for growth projects:
- Own the Process Design Package (PDP) for Cativa XL Technology
- Provide estimating subject matter expertise on behalf of major capital projects
- Act as the Technology Support Team SPA for International Trade Regulations (ITR) risk:
You will be a Chartered Chemical Engineer with extensive experience in the application of chemical engineering skills to the development of process designs for capital projects, preferably in the Petrochemicals industry.
You will offer:
- Personal and process safety leadership
- Excellent knowledge of intellectual property value and protection
- Deep understanding of project processes and the engineering activities of each stage
- Estimating skills including experience of using Aspen Capital Cost Estimator or similar to develop pre-FEED estimates for major projects
You will be a team player with experience of working in and managing the activities of multidiscipline teams and proven interpersonal skills including the ability to influence without formal authority and work across different cultures.